[python-committers] My (positive) feedback on the new CPython workflow

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 07:36:19 EDT 2017

18.07.17 13:24, Victor Stinner пише:
> == More contributors, more contributions, faster reviewed/merged ==
>
> In term of contributions, I looked at statistics yesterday and it
> became clear the number of different authors is significantely much
> higher, around 25 contributors / month before, now closer to 50:
> https://www.openhub.net/p/python/contributors/summary
>
> Well, Git allows to store the original author, so statistics are
> simplify higher just because previously the tools failed to identify
> the real author.
>
> But I'm watching the bug tracker, pull requests, and Git commits:
> there are a lot of *new* contributors, we get more contributions, and
> we are *faster* to integrate them.
>
> I also saw again inactive core contributors starting to review again,
> or even write new PRs! It's a very good sign of the good health of our
> project!
>
> More generally, the whole development seems to be more active, more
> productive and more *healthy*.

I have a different impression. Some core developers (like Raymond or
Martin) stopped committing even if they are active on the bug tracker or
mailing lists. Others make much less commits than they did before the
migration.

I rather like the new workflow (except few lost features), but I afraid
than many core developers are feeling uncomfortable with it.