[python-committers] Should I make a 3.4.7rc1 next weekend?

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 12:02:39 EDT 2017

12.07.17 16:09, Larry Hastings пише:
 > Anyway the point of this email is to call for a vote.  Which of these
 > statements do you agree with:
 >
 >   * Larry should tag and release 3.4.7rc1 next weekend.
 >   * Larry should schedule 3.4.7rc1 for a month from now, to give people
 >     time to get their work in.

I'm for releasing 3.4.7rc1 next weekend. There were not much security
issues and seems all worth fixes already are backported and merged in
3.4 (thank you for merging them). The rest of the work can be done in
few days.

I have just one suggestion. Issue26617 and issue28427 were not marked as
security issues but they look like very bad bugs to me. They are hard to
catch, can unexpectedly break any program that uses weakref and threads,
and don't have workarounds. If you will decide to backport them I can
help with backporting.

https://bugs.python.org/issue26617
https://bugs.python.org/issue28427