[python-committers] Proposed new core developer -- Mariatta Wijaya

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:49:49 EST 2017

On 26 January 2017 at 10:17, Berker Peksağ <berker.peksag at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Raymond Hettinger
> <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I volunteer to continue to provide mentorship and assistance to her as needed after she is granted commit rights.
>
> I'd like to see some triaging, code review and more work on
> complicated patches first.

While I don't have hard data to back it up, my suspicion would be that
we have more simple patches pending than we do complicated ones.

> I reviewed some of Mariatta's patches and
> they needed at least two review rounds to meet our documentation
> guidelines. See http://bugs.python.org/issue26149 for a recent
> example.

With Raymond volunteering as mentor, I think an approach where changes
are still reviewed, but it's Mariatta that does the final commit would
work.

That would be pretty similar to the way things worked when I
recommended Yury for commit privileges - at the start, the only thing
that changed was that the final step in the review process changed
from "wait until I find time to commit the change" to "looks good to
me, go ahead and make the change".

Cheers,
Nick.