[python-committers] Pace of change for Python 3.x

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:04:20 EST 2017

On 25 January 2017 at 12:45, Eric V. Smith <eric at trueblade.com> wrote:
> Channeling Nick, I'd say that LTS support should come from commercial third
> parties, such as OS vendors. I agree with Antoine: it's not something we
> want to impose on the core devs. How much fun is 2.7 maintenance?

Agreed. When lack of reviews is an issue, imposing additional "not
fun" work on core devs isn't sustainable. As someone who does
(non-Python) software support for my day job, dealing with legacy
issues in Python doesn't feel like a hobby, it feels like work (and
unlike the rest of my day, I'm not getting paid for it).

Paul