[python-committers] PRs now require Travis to be green, don't require a review

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri Feb 24 19:26:39 EST 2017

I don't know about the rest of you but I can't believe it's only been two
weeks since we moved over to GitHub! Hopefully people are still viewing it
in a positive light. :)

One complaint I have heard consistently is the required review sign-off on
PRs. To do some A/B testing of this, I have switched that requirement off
but switched on the requirement that Travis tests be passing.

In two weeks I will be starting a conversation about the new workflow to
find out what people think we need to tweak, add/create, or remove in the
process. At that point we can make a final call if this situation is better
than requiring reviews, or if we want both CI and reviews for each PR.