[python-committers] Disable Codecov on GitHub pull requests?

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 09:51:47 EST 2017

I'm obviously not very active in CPython development these days, but
actively tracking the impact of each PR on coverage has been extremely
useful in every other project I've worked on.

It's the best way to automatically ensure PRs are not regressing coverage
too much, and doesn't require much manual work. FWIW, on projects I've
worked on we have turned off the codecov "comments", and instead just rely
on the status checker.

Alex

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't get the value of code coverage on a CI. I *like* running code
> coverage sometimes, but I don't like being annoying by "test failed:
> coverage -0,01%" by a change completely unrelated to code (note: this
> issue has been fixed be using a threshold of 1%). I'm annoyed by all
> these Codecov messages. Berker just told me that he even created a
> Gmail filter to drop all these email notifications...
>
> What do you think of keeping this very useful feature, but not use it
> on pull requests: only run it on the branches (once changes are
> merged), to not "pollute" pull requests?
>
> Victor

GPG Key fingerprint: D1B3 ADC0 E023 8CA6