[python-committers] AppVeyor failure on test_asyncgen?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Aug 16 15:03:14 EDT 2017

On 8/16/2017 2:32 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> One of my PR builds got an AppVeyor failure in test_asyncgen
> and I really doubt it is due to the PR itself:
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/python/cpython/build/3.7.0a0.5366#L682

The first failure message:

test_async_gen_asyncio_gc_aclose_09
(test.test_asyncgen.AsyncGenAsyncioTest) ... Task was destroyed but it
is pending!
task: <Task pending coro=<async_generator_athrow()> wait_for=<Future
finished result=None>>
FAIL

> FAIL: test_async_gen_asyncio_gc_aclose_09 (test.test_asyncgen.AsyncGenAsyncioTest)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "C:\projects\cpython\lib\test\test_asyncgen.py", line 627, in test_async_gen_asyncio_gc_aclose_09
>      self.assertEqual(DONE, 1)
> AssertionError: 0 != 1

It passed on the retest:
test_async_gen_asyncio_gc_aclose_09
(test.test_asyncgen.AsyncGenAsyncioTest) ... ok

I have seen obviously unrelated intermittent failures like this too.  If
it were to happen on Travis on the retest also, and I wanted to merge, I
would try to unblock the merge by making an innocuous change in the
blurb or some comment or docstring with the web editor.

tjr