[python-committers] autoconf 2.70

Martin Panter vadmium+py at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 20:51:49 EST 2016

On 23 November 2016 at 22:49, Gregory P. Smith <greg at krypto.org> wrote:
> The solution to your problem is to maintain your patches _only_ against
> configure.ac and rerun autoconf using whatever version you need yourself.

Would this solution (forget about regerating the files until build
time) be enough Xavier?

FWIW I make heavy use of the Mercurial interactive patch mode. I use
it to filter out any unnecessary generated changes, while selecting
other generated changes relevant to a patch. I.e.

hg commit --interactive
hg qrefresh --interactive