[python-committers] Promote Xiang Zhang as a core developer

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:13:32 EST 2016

Hi,

> We received an email from Xiang with his SSH keys and GitHub username
> (although no subscription request for python-committers). Was he finally
> approved for receiving commit privileges?

(Oh, I forgot to send an email to python-committers.)

Berker Peksağ reported issues on reviews. I proposed to handle these
issues with mentoring. I asked Xiang to ask me before pushing anything
during one month. After this period, we can discuss again to continue
mentoring with the same rule, or maybe change rules or even stop
mentoring. In short, I commit my responsibility with taking Xiang
onboard :-)

I counted five positive votes (including myself):

* INADA Naoki
* Nick Coghlan
* Senthil Kumaran
* Serhiy Storchaka
* Victor Stinner

So, yes, I suggest to take him onboard :-)

Victor