[python-committers] Promote Xavier de Gaye as a core developer

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri May 20 16:53:34 EDT 2016

Hi,

I propose to promote Xavier de Gaye as a Python core developer.

I noticed that he is proposing good patches since a lot time ago
(first one around 2010! issue #9250). He now looks to be motivated to
help porting CPython to Android. IMHO it's a good thing to support
this platform. It's a common user request, Android platform becomes
more and more popular.

Xavier proposed patches for the Python code, but also on the C code.

To be honest, I didn't look at his work closely, but he looks to be
motivated and have a good knowledge of Python and even CPython
internals.

I already asked him if he would like to become a core developer and he
replied that he is ok, but it wouldn't change his motivation to
contribute (he is already motivated ;-)).

Oh, and I propose to be his mentor to start in CPython.

So, what do you think of his profile?

His nickname on bugs.python.org is "xdegaye".

Less french speaking core developers are active last months, so I'm
looking for fresh blood for the French Connection :-D More seriously,
it would be nice if we can recruit more core developers!

Victor