[python-committers] Making the PSF CoC apply to core developers

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 21:15:49 EST 2016

On 6 March 2016 at 06:52, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 at 10:58 Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
>

>> Anyway, with the migration to Git it becomes much easier to spot and
>> remind us
>> of potential committers, as both author and committer info are retained in
>> commits.  This makes a periodic report (by a bot, presumably) possible
>> that
>> lists those authors with the most commits, but without commit bit.
>>

> That's a great idea! Recorded in PEP 512:
> https://hg.python.org/peps/rev/fad7b646ab06.

Bonus points if the bot can figure out how many iterations the patch went
through prior to being merged - when I've recommended folks for commit bits
in the past, it's generally been because I've got to a point where I feel
like I'm just rubberstamping their patches (rather than needing to suggest
changes), so I can be confident they've worked out for themselves what
"good" looks like.

(Such a bot would be useful even without that though, as the folks actually
reviewing and merging the commits would still be the ones to propose new
contributors for merge privileges)

Cheers,
Nick.