[python-committers] bugs.python.org, job status, and contributors (aka not core devs)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:47:38 EDT 2016

On 6 June 2016 at 12:00, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jun 2016 20:25:22 +0300, =?UTF-8?Q?Berker_Peksa=C4=9F?= <berker.peksag at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also slightly off-topic, but we should be more transparent about
>> giving people triage rights on the tracker. I'm seeing some unknown
>> people (at least they are unknown to me) who assign issues to
>> themselves without knowing what the field is about.
>
> Some while back we made the decision to be fairly liberal in handing out
> tracker privs for triage.  If there are people who are not following the
> devguide with regards to triage, let us know here and we can discuss it
> and mentor them.  Triage privs can only be given out by some core devs,
> so you can find out who and why by posting here.  Well, unless it is
> someone from long enough ago that we've all forgotten about them :)

In the early days of the developer log, elevated issue tracker
permissions were recorded in addition to CVS commit access:
https://docs.python.org/devguide/developers.html

Perhaps it would make sense to start doing that again, including
backfilling the list of current triagers? (even if we don't have
precise dates)

Cheers,
Nick.