[python-committers] Making the PSF CoC apply to core developers

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Feb 29 15:09:48 EST 2016

On 29.02.2016 18:38, Brett Cannon wrote:
> ... If we
> happen to be at a meetup or conference that has not implemented a CoC that
> shouldn't give us an excuse as esteemed representatives of this language
> and community to be lax in our behaviour since how we act as core devs is
> probably amplified compared to others in the community.

This is the part about all this CoC talk I never understand. Why
on earth would someone change their regular behavior when
"at a meetup or conference that has not implemented a CoC" ?

This sounds to me like a very "Wild West" kind of interpretation of
civil life that doesn't necessarily map to other societies - and
even the days of "Wild West" are long over, aren't they ;-)

To me, the main purpose of CoCs is not the text itself. It's
getting organizers thinking about how they would react to possible
issues upfront.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Feb 29 2016)
2016-02-19: Released eGenix PyRun 2.1.2 ...       http://egenix.com/go88

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/