[python-committers] Making the PSF CoC apply to core developers

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sun Feb 28 16:25:32 EST 2016

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016, 12:02 Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:

> On 02/28/2016 08:10 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
>
> >     Can *anyone* take it upon themselves to (let's
> >     say) say "Brett, you unilaterally changed the policy with no
> discussion
> >     or consultation and just four minutes notice. That is unspeakably
> rude
> >     and total jerk behaviour, so under your own rules you're out of
> here"?
> >
> >     I'm not just making a rhetorical point. I wouldn't accept that sort
> of
> >     unilateral behaviour from my work colleagues.
> >

> > It wasn't a unilateral decision. If it was then I would have just done it
> > without  opening an issue or bringing it up here. I mentioned it here
> just in
> > case someone might get upset by it (which obviously happened).
>
> FWIW, Eric Smith and myself (co-"owners" of the mailing list) supported
> this
> when Brett asked.

I think Steven's objection was me wanting to state in the devguide that
core devs would adhere to the CoC in all Python-related interactions in the
community regardless of whether that interaction explicitly occurred under
the purview of the CoC, which is a stronger statement than just this
mailing list being under the CoC.

-Brett