[python-committers] Anyone up for a core dev panel discussion at EuroPython 2016 ?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:47:50 EST 2016

Hi,

> No, seriously, this is great stuff normal Python users never get
> to see and that's really a shame.

This week, I wrote an article listing my contributions during 2015 Q3:
https://haypo.github.io/contrib-cpython-2015q3.html

On Twitter, someone told me that my article was interesting. Honestly,
I was surprised :-) I partially wrote this article because my employer
requires that I justify that I effectively spend my time on CPython
and not something else.

When I started to contribute to Python, a few years ago, I recall that
there were nice reports of the python-dev mailing list. Recently, I
read that Brett Canon was the author. I really liked them, since I was
unable to follow such "high traffic" mailing list (everything is
relative ;-)).

Just to say that I agree that we suck at communicating on enhancements
of CPython, but also issues that we are fixing every day.

For example, I do spent non negligible time on fixing our CI
(buildbot). But I wouldn't tell my mother that I'm doing that :-D

> So my question to you: will some of you attend EuroPython this
> year and would you be willing to talk on a panel ?

I plan to attend EuroPython (by the way, I have to submit a talk,
probably something around FAT Python ;-)), why not joining the panel.

Victor