[python-committers] New Authenticode certificate

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Wed Feb 17 15:05:55 EST 2016

On 17Feb2016 0903, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> On 16.02.2016 23:45, Jeff Hardy wrote:
>> I don't have an issue with Steve building them; the release process is
>> pretty much a single make step. It's a mild annoyance for each of us, but
>> it would only be for final releases, so only 2-3 times a year at most.
>
> If Steve is fine with this approach, it sounds like a good option.

I'm fine with this, though I'll probably contribute some extra
automation. One-click build/sign/upload (or send-to-Jeff) are a few of
my favourite things.

I also agree that the certificate only indicates that "we the PSF" built
the code, believe it to be unchanged from the sources, and believe the
origin of the sources is safe. If anyone has concerns about mine or
Jeff's role in this, looks like now is the time to speak up.

Cheers,
Steve