[python-committers] LAST CHANCE: 3.6.0 code freeze (3.6.0rc1) in 12 hours at 2016-12-07 12:00 UTC

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Mon Dec 5 18:45:36 EST 2016

The final hours for fixes for 3.6.0 are here.  Although the cutoff for 3.6.0rc1 is scheduled for today, we are still reviewing a few last release-critical fixes, primarily my fault for not pinging these earlier.  So I'm going to hold off tagging rc1 for another 12 hours or so.  This is your last chance to get release-critical fixes in for 3.6.0.  After rc1 is tagged and released, the 3.6 branch will be open again for normal maintenance-release changes which will first be released in 3.6.1 in the first quarter of 2017.

Should any emergency showstopper problems be discovered affecting 3.6.0rc1, please open an issue, mark it as "release blocker", if possible push a fix to the 3.6 branch, and we will discuss what action to take for 3.6.0.  As I've mentioned many times now, my goal is to have *no* code changes for 3.6.0 after rc1 so you will have to make a *really* strong case to add any code changes after rc1 and prior to the final release scheduled for 12-16.  Should the need arise for such a change, it would be cherrypicked from the 3.6 branch.  I am more willing to consider cherry-picking pure doc changes after rc1 but these will also need to be pushed to 3.6 and marked as "release blocker".

Thank you all once again for all of your hard work in getting 3.6 to this point!  It's going to be a really good release!

--
  Ned Deily
  nad at python.org -- []