[python-committers] Failed to build select

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Aug 8 02:45:45 EDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 12:17:21AM -0400, Ned Deily wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2016, at 23:51, Senthil Kumaran <senthil at uthcode.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is it just me? Any suggestions?
> >
> > I suspect local to your end.  Try
> >
> > $ make distclean # and try again?
>
> Also, try without setting PYTHONHOME.  I'm not sure what you're trying to do by setting that but you shouldn't need to.

I didn't think I needed to either, but when I try without it, I get:

Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]

I tried make distclean and building again, and I get:

Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
/home/steve/python/python-dev/cpython/Modules/selectmodule.c: In function ‘PyInit_select’:
/home/steve/python/python-dev/cpython/Modules/selectmodule.c:2484: error: ‘EPOLLRDHUP’ undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/steve/python/python-dev/cpython/Modules/selectmodule.c:2484: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/home/steve/python/python-dev/cpython/Modules/selectmodule.c:2484: error: for each function it appears in.)

Failed to build these modules:
select

--
Steve