[python-committers] Idea: listing commercial prioritisation options as a new section in the developer guide?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 18:49:55 CEST 2015

On 20 Sep 2015 02:40, "Barry Warsaw" <barry at python.org> wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2015, at 03:43 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>
> >As such, what do folks think of the idea of a new, *opt-in* section in
> >the developer guide, similar to the current experts index, but
> >allowing core developers to indicate the ways in which we're willing
> >to provide paid support.
>
> It's certainly useful information to have, but I'm not sure about using
the
> devguide for that.  In the Mailman world, we use a wiki page.  So far,
it's
> self-serve, hasn't been abused, and I know it's helped people connect for
paid
> consulting (not me, but others in our community).

I did consider the wiki, but the nice thing about using an "Expert's Index"
style page in the devguide is that it's self-certifying: the mere fact of
being on the list inherently demonstrates that you have the necessary
access to add yourself to the list.

The wiki's still a good fallback option, though.

Cheers,
Nick.