[python-committers] Idea: listing commercial prioritisation options as a new section in the developer guide?

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Sat Sep 19 16:02:06 CEST 2015

It doesn't sound like the devguide is ideally the right place for it.

Actually, for a guide devoted to attract new contributors, saying "hey,
we'd really like you to contribute on a volunteer basis, but here is a
list of people who prefer being paid to do the same thing" may send the
wrong message.

I also understand the pragmatic side of the proposal, which is that the
devguide has an established development and contribution process where
it is easy to propose changes and get them discussed and accepted
(compared to, say, the python.org website which may still be still more
or less of a... "clusterfuck", perhaps? :-)).

I'm saying that, regardless of whether I may want to be included in such
a list or not (I'm currently happily employed by a company which would
definitely deserve to get on the list, though - and, hey, so is Trent
too :-)).

Regards

Antoine.