[python-committers] Initial Motivations & Affiliations page has been merged

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 05:08:27 CEST 2015

On 11 October 2015 at 22:33, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Based on the thread a few weeks ago and the subsequent issue tracker
> discussion at http://bugs.python.org/issue25194, I just committed an
> initial version of a "Motivations & Affiliations" page in the
> developer guide.
>
> When the site next updates, that should appear at
> https://docs.python.org/devguide/motivations.html (it's the last
> section in the main TOC, with the link appearing right at the bottom
> of the main page).

It's been pointed out that despite the excellent feedback I received
from folks on the issue tracker, I still missed a few aspects of the
translation away from the legalistic bureaucratese I used in my
initial draft (see
https://bugs.python.org/file40527/register-of-interests.diff ).

I'll do another pass on that, swapping out the more formal terms (e.g.
"disclose") for more common plain English equivalents (e.g.
"publish"). If there are other particular phrases and words that seem
out of place, please let me know, either directly or here in the
thread, as I sometimes lose track of what counts as normal English and
what's specifically corporate/institutional English :)

Regards,
Nick.