[python-committers] PSA: replace your DSA keys for SSH

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 04:38:29 CEST 2015

[Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org>]
> As a followup to this, I have now removed all DSA keys. People who only
> had DSA keys will need to submit new keys to hgaccounts at .

That apparently was addressed to me - cool ;-)

Just noting that the Windows section of the devguide:

    https://docs.python.org/devguide/faq.html

should probably be changed to say something other than the current:

    Use PuTTYgen to generate your public key. Choose the
    “SSH2 DSA” radio button,

That may be a clue as to why Windows devs generated DSA keys to begin with ;-)

PuTTYgen also has a "SSH-2 RSA" radio button, and #-of-bits box into
which 4096 can be typed.