[python-committers] SSH problems attempting to access hg.python.org

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:21:41 CEST 2015

On 2 October 2015 at 15:33, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
> What does `ssh-add -L` give? ssh basically throws keys at the server
> until the server accepts it. The server has a limit of two attempts, so
> if have more than two keys in your agent, problems result.

I normally have 3 loaded, but even cutting it back to 1 didn't help:

$ hg pull -u
pulling from ssh://hg@hg.python.org/peps
remote: Permission denied (publickey).
abort: no suitable response from remote hg!

However, I *did* recently upgrade to the Fedora 23 beta, so now I'm
wondering if there might be a problem with OpenSSH 7.1p1 and
ssh-ed25519 host keys (it's the only remote SSH host I using with an
ed25519 key -  all the others are still ssh-rsa).

Cheers,
Nick.