[python-committers] Can we clean up the buildbots please?

Trent Nelson trent at snakebite.org
Sat May 23 02:31:05 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 05:24:53PM -0700, Larry Hastings wrote:
> On 05/22/2015 05:11 PM, Trent Nelson wrote:
> >Do we still support WS2K3? (Can I even install VS 2015 on that? I would
> >have thought not.)
>
> According to PCbuild/readme.txt, no.  It says:
>
>    This directory is used to build CPython for Microsoft Windows NT
>    version 6.0 or higher (Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, or later)
>    on 32 and 64 bit platforms.

    Ah, yeah, thought so.  Pity, that box is probably the only one that
    hasn't had any form of hardware failure during its tenure ;-)

    Tried to get the W2K8 one back up on Monday when I had some remote
    hands but alas, no luck.  Think it has balked HDDs or something.

    The Solaris 11 AMD64 one Solaris 10 SPARC ones are back up now
    though and I just cleared out their 700+ build backlogs, FWIW.

        Trent.