[python-committers] How shall we conduct the Python 3.5 beta and rc periods? (Please vote!)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed May 13 02:19:56 CEST 2015

On 13 May 2015 03:47, "Brett Cannon" <brett at python.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 1:05 PM Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
>>
>> [SNIP]
>>

>> What do you think?  My votes are as follows:
>>>
>>> Workflow 0: -0.5
>>> Workflow 1: +1
>>> Workflow 2: +0.5
>>

>> Please cast your votes,
>

> Workflow 0: -0
> Workflow 1: +1
> Workflow 2:  +0

Workflow 0: -0
Workflow 1: +1
Workflow 2:  +0

That's taking into account the clarification that the buildbots will be set
up to track the 3.5.x branch after the beta is forked, and that Larry will
also push the 3.5rcX repo to hg.python.org for branch testing.

(Possible alternative plan for the latter: rc1 isn't until August, and I
could aim to have a pilot Kallithea instance set up by then that uses
bugs.python.org credentials to log in. If we didn't get that up and running
for some reason, BitBucket could still be a fallback plan)

Cheers,
Nick.