[python-committers] You are invited to the Pycon 2015 Language Summit

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jan 21 17:54:41 CET 2015

[Apologies for any duplicates you might have gotten - B]

Hello everyone - it's that time of year again where we plan the Pycon 2015
Language Summit.

Unfortunately, this year Michael will not be able to attend, so Larry Hastings
and I will be organizing the Summit.  If you're on this email, consider
yourself invited!

*Please* let us know if you plan to attend so we can size the room and other
amenities accordingly.

The Summit will be held on Wednesday, April 8th, from approximately 10am to
4pm.  Location within the convention center is TBD.   The Summit is free,
although of course you are responsible for travel and hotel costs.  If you are
planning on attending Pycon, you must still register and pay for that
separately, but Pycon attendance is *not* required if you're only interested
in the Language Summit.

The topics of conversation will be largely "floor led".  Python 3.5 will be in
alpha release at the time, so I expect it to be a topic of conversation.  I
have a few ideas for some other topics, and I hope to brainstorm with Larry on
how to make the Summit relevant for more people this year.  Perhaps we have
some plenary sessions in the morning, with breakouts into smaller "working
groups" in the afternoon, with a final plenary catch up at the end of the day.

Your thoughts, suggestions, and interests are especially important, so please
do respond with your feedback.

There is a page on the Pycon 2015 site for the Summit, although it's currently
unresponsive for me:

https://us.pycon.org/2015/events/langsummit/

We'll post additional details, topics, schedules, etc. as they become
available.

I hope you can join us!

Cheers,
-Barry