[python-committers] Proposed core developer for contributing to multiprocessing

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Sun Jan 11 05:51:58 CET 2015

I have not been active for past year or so. But here is are thoughts on
this process.

The important thing should be "contribution"  and a developer's personal
satisfaction comes from contribution. The commit access IMO is secondary,
but is very important and as it helps contributor to move at a faster pace
and increase his scope.

I think, that anyone who contributes frequently through patches will get
the satisfaction and when a developer who has been committing the patches
notices it, he will automatically suggest the next step of giving the
commit access to person who has been contributing.

I think, this works well instead of giving commit access to encourage
contribution.  My suggestion will be for David to contribute more
frequently, be aligned with more active developers and the commit access
might be an automatic next step.

--
Senthil