[python-committers] Proposed core developer for contributing to multiprocessing

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 11:22:30 CET 2015

Hi,

>> I would like to propose Davin Potts as core developer to take on the
>> responsibility for maintaining the multiprocessing package.

Did he already contributed to CPython? What is his nickname on the bug
tracker? Can we see his previous contributions?

A difficult part of the multiprocessing is the Windows support.
Richard knows well the Windows API. It doesn't mean that someone who
doesn't know Windows should not be able to contribute ;-)

> Then let Davin contribute before proposing core developer access?
> I think it is unusual to make core developer someone who's not known by
> the community (unless he's known and I'm missing something :-)).

If David didn't contribute before, I'm against giving him directly the
developer access. Different people repeat that you don't need to have
the developer access to contribute. Send patches, review patches,
comment issues, etc.

We rejected candidates who had many previous contributions, just
because they didn't contribute enough.

Victor