[python-committers] Commit rights for Robert Collins

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Sep 22 11:51:27 CEST 2014

Hello all,

Robert Collins is volunteering to help with maintenance and improvement
of unittest. He's probably known to many of you, but Robert is the
creator of subunit, testtools and many Python libraries particularly in
the area of testing.

I'd like Robert to have commit rights for this purpose. He's already
submitted quite a few fixes and patches. Most recently issue 16662.

http://bugs.python.org/issue16662

Robert is an experienced and accomplished Python developer, so won't
need much mentoring beyond learning our development processes (which
branches to merge to, when a bug fix can be backported etc). In as much
as he needs any mentoring I'm more than happy to work with Robert.

Improvements to unittest, and design discussions around new APIs and API
changes, will continue to happen on python-dev and on the tracker.

All the best,

Michael Foord