[python-committers] Mark Lawrence

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 03:34:53 CEST 2014

On Oct 5, 2014, at 1:44 PM, Antoine Pitrou <antoine at python.org> wrote:

> Le 05/10/2014 21:02, Terry Reedy a écrit :
>>
>> If you are annoyed, lets discuss specifics and see if we can agree on
>> refined guidelines to give him.  It could even be "leave Benjamin's
>> issues alone".
>
> I'd like him to stop blindly pinging issues without trying to
> investigate them. I routinely get several e-mail notifications per day
> just because of his messages. It's highly annoying.

FWIW, I'm also finding the behavior to be disruptive.
It is interfering with using the tracker to know which
issues are currently active.

Once in a while, it has a mildly beneficial effect of reminding us
about something that has lain dormant for too long, but most of
time the posts make the signal to noise ratio worse (mostly because
Mark's posts usually have almost zero information content).

I'm not at all into banning, but it would be nice if Mark's interest
could be channelled into something useful.

Raymond