[python-committers] review links

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pycommit at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 18:25:10 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Yury Selivanov <yselivanov.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Another quick infrastructure question (is this the right list, btw?):

Core-mentorship is another good candidate.

> I don't see 'review' links for some patches. Like in issue #14911,
> Kristján uploaded two patches, same day, almost same time, and I
> see a review link only for one of them.

As was recently explained to me, patches created in 'git' format (`hg
diff --git`) will show a review link only if they apply cleanly to
default branch (so '--git' 2.7 patches will never show a review link
unless it just happens to apply to default as well).  Patches created
without '--git' give the revision they're applied to, so as long as
they apply cleanly to that revision, they'll show a review link no
matter the branch.

--
Zach