[python-committers] New mailing list for workflow/workflow infrastructure discussion/tasks

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Apr 16 22:49:16 CEST 2014

Apologies for the cross post, but I want to make sure committers who
aren't reading python-dev for one reason or another see this:

Based on a number of conversations at PyCon, we've created a new mailing list:

The purpose of this list is to facilitate the conversations and coordinate
the work that needs to happen to improve our development workflow.
Nick's PEP is one piece of this conversation, but there are many other
aspects to it as well.

Here is the list description:

    This is a place to discuss and work on improvements to the CPython core
    development workflow and the infrastructure that supports that workflow.
    This includes changes to the roundup interface and functionality, rietveld,
    mercurial, buildbots, and any other infrastructure we may add.  It also
    includes discussing how we use these tools, and most importantly how we use
    these tools to integrate the community beyond the core developers into the
    workflow that gets patches committed to the python repository.  This means
    that it also includes discussions of the process of bringing in new
    contributors, including how we use the core-mentorship list, as well as how
    we organize ticket triage, and how we make use of external resources such
    as openhatch.  Discussions of documentation and how we organize and
    maintain the documentation are also appropriate.

Anyone who is interested helping with this, or who wants to keep up with the
evolution of our thoughts on these topics, are invited to sign up to the
mailing list.

We will of course check in with python-dev and/or python-committers
as appropriate.

--David