[python-committers] Anatoly has been warned about his behaviour potentially leading to his loss of tracker privileges

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Fri Nov 29 20:31:26 CET 2013

On ven., 2013-11-29 at 10:56 -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net>
> wrote:
>         Am 29.11.2013 19:22, schrieb Tim Peters:
>         > I pretty much ignore Anatoly, and that works really well for
>         me - try it ;-)
>

>         It's a nice option, I agree -- but someone has to triage his
>         issues, or they
>         will rot in the tracker for eternity.
>

> Plenty of issues do rot there, it doesn't bother me much. If you don't
> want to triage Anatoly's issues, don't; maybe someone else (Mark
> Lawrence? :-) will.

The real problem with trolls in an open community is that there'll
always be new people to fall in their traps. We may not pay attention
anymore, but other people will.

Here's a small recap:

- Anatoly has repeatably hostile rhetorics towards core development and
the contribution process

- he refuses to abide by some of our (rather lax, IMHO) contribution
rules (e.g. CLA)

- he continuously veers into meta-discourse (complaining about the
development process)

- he always rehashes the same obsessions

- he was warned about his behaviour and acknowledges that his
interaction is not satisfactory

- he nevertheless refuses to change his behaviour

- his behaviour has spawned several distinct threads over the time here
at python-committers, purely about him and nothing else (i.e. it's not a
hidden systemic issue)

- his behaviour has been going on for years

Regards