[python-committers] Anatoly Techtonik's contribution (again)

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 16:12:46 CET 2013

I'm not sure if it's because I'm reading the lists more, or if he's
actually posting more, but I definitely seem to see him more frequently.
And almost none of it is positive contribution, it's almost entirely people
wasting time trying to humor him. I'm honestly not sure I've ever seen a
discussion with him add value to the community.

Karl Fogel's book, "Producing Open Source Software", has heavily influenced
my thinking here (http://producingoss.com/en/difficult-people.html), but I
think we ought to reconsider banning him from the mailing lists that we run.

Alex

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Antoine Pitrou <antoine at python.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a bit curious, but do people think Anatoly is now behaving more
> constructively than before? He does seem to post *less*, otherwise...
>
> After all, he's just sent another rant about the "community process" in
> which the word CLA seems to appear multiple times:
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2013-November/130632.html
>
> Regards
>
> Antoine.

GPG Key fingerprint: 125F 5C67 DFE9 4084