[python-committers] what's going on with Misc/NEWS?

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Fri May 24 22:18:41 CEST 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013 15:26:29 -0400, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> >> But hg won't let you simply revert;
> >
> > hg rev -r <branch name> Misc/NEWS
>
> I'll add that to the devguide if it works for me next time.

I find that I also have to do:

    hg resolve -m Misc/NEWS

which I find to be a really obnoxious mis-feature of hg.

> > Do you mean Mics/NEWS doc typos?
>
> No I mean typos in the docs. For instance, I found a missing
> parenthesis in the docs for some module, but backporting it is enough
> of a pain that I don't want to bother. The only reason I did this one
> for sys is because it clarified semantics.

You're adding a NEWS entry for a single character doc typo?  No wonder
you don't like making doc fixes :)

I only make news entries for doc changes when they are major or are
changes to the doc *system*.

--David