[python-committers] Commit privileges for Roger Serwy for IDLE

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 01:48:33 CET 2013

2013/3/20 Ned Deily <nad at acm.org>:
> Please, this is definitely not the right place to discuss the issue of
> IDLE in the stdlib.  It has been discussed repeatedly and the conclusion
> is always that it is an important part of the batteries-included
> experience.

I don't propose to remove IDLE from the stdlib, just move the code to
another repository to allow to maintain it more easily. And then
re-add IDLE to the stdlib at each Python release.

We might also release IDLE more frequently using an external repository.

>  More importantly, PEP 434, is out for review concerning
> IDLE maintenance and features, is currently out for review.  That would
> be a much more appropriate place to bring up any concerns.  (I will be
> forwarding my comments to the PEP soon, BTW.)

Oh sorry, I missed this PEP. I will read it.

Victor