[python-committers] Commit privileges for Roger Serwy for IDLE

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Mar 19 20:17:26 CET 2013

I would like to propose Roger Serwy be given commit privileges to work
on IDLE.  Roger has demonstrated long-term interest in IDLE and has been
contributing to IDLE in a number of ways for years.  He has submitted
many patches for IDLE to the tracker since at least April 2008.  He has
developed a number of IDLE extensions (http://idlex.sourceforge.net),
some of which he has proposed for inclusion in the standard library.  He
is also active in triaging and commenting on the bug tracker and has had
developer privileges on the tracker for the past 12 months.  He has also
already signed the contributor agreement and I know he has been
interested in becoming a core developer for IDLE.  I've informally
discussed this with a few other core developers here at PyCon and I
think there is general agreement that having Roger be able to contribute
more directly to IDLE would be a really good thing.  I would certainly
be willing to help mentor him as necessary.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org