[python-committers] echosign

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Mar 4 16:24:03 CET 2013

I applaud the foundation for getting an electronic signature method in
place.

However, I have to say that to my mind echosign is nothing more than
"authentication theater", and I wonder if it is going to make us look
more than a bit clueless to the tech community.  I'm surprised that
a lawyer would consider a "signature" generated from typed text to be
useful for anything.  If you are are going to accept the typed signature,
just accept the typed signature.

I was asked to sign a legal document I cared about that way once and I refused.

At least there's a way to upload a real signature.

--David