[python-committers] Reminder: Python 3.4 alpha 1 release is Saturday August 3

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Jul 29 03:26:23 CEST 2013

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 13:07:59 -0700, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
> It's about nine days from now.  I expect to tag the release late next
> week.  So if you're doing any major brain surgery, please finish it up
> in the next week or so.

FYI I'm planning on working on some non-trivial stuff for the email
package in August, but it will all go in the "provisional" part of the
library, which will stay provisional for 3.4.  As with the existing
provisional code, it will involve moving some bits of code from the
existing classes into policy hooks on the backward compatibility
policy, and then implementing new features using those same hooks on
the provisional policies.  I don't expect there to be any instability
(that is not some trivial mistake) in the non-provisional code, as the
changes there will be pretty small, and the email package has fairly
extensive tests.

Nothing will land before the Alpha 1 date, and everything should (I
hope!) land before Alpha 2.

--David