[python-committers] Anatoly Techtonik's contribution

Ezio Melotti ezio.melotti at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 23:13:50 CET 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Ezio Melotti <ezio.melotti at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> So, what was the reaction?  That is the important thing to know...
>>>

>> He acknowledged the fact, but I think he had already understood the
>> issue from our previous conversation.
>
> ...and?
>
> Does he care about what was said? Is he going to do anything about his
> actions?

He does, and he is already trying to improve.  We already discussed
about the issue  and how to solve it in our previous conversation (see
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-committers/2012-December/002307.html),
so informing him about the probation only served to let him know the
specific punishment(s) he might face.

> The fact that this discussion sidetracked into contributor
> agreements is not a good sign to me. He should have just said those
> things himself to the PSF's legal counsel, not in response to an email
> about his behavior...

I'm doing this via chat (I think it's better/more effective than
emails), so sidetracking is not so unexpected (we even ended up
discussing things that are completely unrelated after we clarified the
important points).  The discussion about the CLA started because he
said that some of the "accusations" in the thread are not true -- in
particular that "He flat-out refuses to sign any contributor
agreement".  I asked him why he hasn't signed it and if there was any
problem with the contributor agreement, and so he replied.

Best Regards,
Ezio Melotti