[python-committers] MSDN Subscriptions/Renewals

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Thu Aug 1 22:02:44 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Since I've gotten a handful of requests lately, I wanted to put out a
call to try and handle them in a batch. That'll make it easier for the
people at Microsoft who run their Open Source program.

If you're using your MSDN subscription and it will be expiring in the
next couple of months, go to
https://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/manage/ and send me the email
address associated with the account, and the Subscriber ID.

If you don't have an MSDN subscription but you would like a
complimentary one, which gives you access to Windows ISOs/licenses,
Visual Studio licenses, etc., please send me your preferred email,
your mailing address, and a phone number. They don't mail you or call
you, but those are required fields in their signup.

I'm going to wait a few days, then send everything to Microsoft. After
that, it usually takes a day or so for them to get to it and push our
applications through. Once it's processed, you'll receive emails a few
days later from msdntnorders at arvatousa.com saying the account is
created and will soon be active, and then one from
Msubserv at microsoft.com with a link to activate it. Some people have
had these go into spam folders, so keep an eye out for them.

Thanks,

Brian