[python-committers] Branches support status (Re: 3.3 branch created in main repository)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Oct 2 14:23:30 CEST 2012

Am 02.10.12 11:47, schrieb Victor Stinner:
>> So, if I understand correctly, the current situation is this:
>>
>> 2.6: Security fixes only
>> 2.7, 3.2, 3.3: Bugfixes only
>> 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0, 3.1: Dead
>
> Would it be possible to write this status in the devguide (and also
> maintain it!)?

Putting it there is surely possible. Keeping it maintained is absolutely
impossible, if you expect an update to happen as part of the release
process. The release process is already complex enough, so there
shouldn't be any additional steps in the release process.

Instead, having people point out inconsistencies and them somebody
fixing them is something that could work.

Regards,
Martin