[python-committers] Anatoly Techtonik's contribution

John Benediktsson mrjbq7 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 01:21:22 CET 2012

> IMO he has a negative effect on the Python community. When he asks a
> question, he doesn't try to understand how Python is designed and let
> people think that the Python design just sucks (which is wrong, Python
> design is great! Python is the best language!).

Out of curiousity, I googled Anatoly and python-ideas and this thread[1]
seems a useful example.  His suggestions seem intended to help, he provided
some code examples, and made only a handful of posts in support of his idea
(receiving a few negative responses).  At times his English was rough, but
without going into the merits of his ideas - would an approach where you
encourage him to publish his ideas on PyPI or Github give him an outlet for
his energy?

It seems to me his philosophy clashes with that of python-dev, perhaps his
batteries are a different size than those included in Python, but I'd like
to see this community be inclusive rather than exclusive, even at the
expense of a few added mail filters by the core team.

My-two-cents'ly,

John.

[1] http://code.activestate.com/lists/python-ideas/15529/