[python-committers] Commit privileges for Daniel Urban

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed May 16 03:50:51 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM,  <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> Zitat von Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com>:
>

>> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm proposing we grant commit privileges to Daniel Urban.
>>>
>>> He's provided patches for a number of fixes and feature requests for
>>> 3.2 and 3.3, including a particularly thorny one in the metaclass
>>> machinery. He's been very responsive on the tracker, and accommodating
>>> of the occasional dramatic shift in direction for a patch based on
>>> mailing list feedback (most recently, the operator.build_class in C ->
>>> types.build_class in Python change).
>>

>> Nobody else has an opinion on this? Positive *or* negative?
>
> -0. I don't know who Daniel Urban is. It seems that he posted a total
> of four messages to python-dev this year, all related to a single feature
> of Python. My question now is whether he really *needs* commit privileges
> (or, rather, whether whoever checks in his changes at the moment would
> gain a desirable reduction of workload if Daniel could push changes
> himself).

Most of my interaction with Daniel has been through the tracker rather
than python-dev, and it's specifically his work on fixing some
(obscure) latent defects in the metaclass calculation for 3.2 that
earned my respect (although he's worked on several other patches as
well, the results of which can be seen in Misc/NEWS).

Regards,
Nick.