[python-committers] Further hg maintenance

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jul 3 21:41:44 CEST 2012

On 02.07.2012 00:48, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> I'll report if we found something that can be considered a
> permanent solution.

Antoine managed to reduce the memory usage of Mercurial quite
drastically. Not sure which contributed most, but
a) hg was upgraded to 2.2
b) a patch was applied to hgweb which calls
   repo.invalidate/gc.collect after each request (IIUC)
c) reducing the memory consumption of our hglookup binary
   (which maps revision numbers to repositories)
d) improving the hgweb rejuvenation

With that, hg.p.o should be quite available and responsive;
if it isn't, please report the infrastructure list.

Regards,
Martin