[python-committers] Python Language Summit at PyCon

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Tue Jan 31 04:30:18 CET 2012

On Jan 30, 2012, at 8:38 PM, Brian Curtin wrote:
> Unfortunately we didn't get many proposals for 3.x talks this year.

It may not be as bad as you think.

My talk for EuroPython last year ("Python's Other Collection Types and Algorithms") used Python 3.2 for all of the examples, but nothing in the abstract mentioned that the talk would be 3.x and not 2.x.

Part of my plan was to get people used to seeing Python 3.x as being common-place.

I'm plan to submit talk about concurrent.futures for this year, and I'll again have all of the examples for 3.2, even though a 2.x backport exists.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com