[python-committers] anyone still have access to the coverity scan results?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sun Aug 19 18:02:18 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de>wrote:

>> like.
>> >
>> > Thanks, got the CSV!
>> >
>> > If anyone has the possibility to create new accounts, I would like to
>> apply
>> > for one.
>>
>> Who usually uploads the necessary files to coverity? The current files
>> are rather old (patchlevel.h says 3.3.0a0). I was able to create the
>> report files but the files must be uploaded to a registered location.
>>

> I think I'm still listed as the main contact and I never uploaded
> anything. I believe Coverty pulls the files in themselves.

So when trying to log in (which didn't work; Coverty has changed this
system so many times I don't what username/password works anymore) there
was a notice that how you submit code has changed:

At the same time, we also have changes in the process to submit the build
to Coverity Scan for Open Source Projects.

0. With the new version, there are three steps to analyze a codebase:
build, analyze, and commit.
1. You do the build step, then tar up the intermediate representation and
stick it somewhere we can get it by http.
2. Our scripts wget it, analyze it, commit it to the DB and send you an
email.

The link to their build tools is http://scan.coverity.com/self-build/ . So
it looks like we have to give them the files to analyze now after we have
built them with their tool chain on LInux.