[python-committers] Cannot push after 2.6svn merge

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon May 23 03:24:20 CEST 2011

On May 20, 2011, at 09:22 PM, R. David Murray wrote:

>On Fri, 20 May 2011 21:09:02 -0400, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>> I asked around on #python-dev and it was suggested that I add some entries
>> into .hgeol, which I've done:
>>
>> Doc/make.bat = CRLF
>> Tools/buildbot/*.bat = CRLF
>> Tools/msi/merge.py = CRLF
>> PC/VS7.1/*.bat = CRLF
>> PC/VS8.0/*.bat = CRLF
>>
>> Yet the push still fails with the errors below.  I don't know how to deal w=
>
>Did you push the .hgeol change first?

I just did.

>That seemed to be necessary when I ran into something like this.  (But I'm no
>hg expert, so I could be all wet on this.)

Splish splash! :)   I'm still getting the same failures, even after pushing
the .hgeol change only (in 2.6), then merging that back to my cpython clone.
Anybody have any other ideas?

I'd like to do this right, but if it can't be done, I'll live with the line
ending changes in the hg repo.

-Barry