[python-committers] Python 2.6.7rc2

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat May 21 08:07:27 CEST 2011

> I'm actually okay with that too, as long as the issue that precipitated the
> commit isn't closed until it's been merged to 2.6svn.  Maybe that's the right
> way to handle this then -- when you commit a fix to 2.6hg, be sure there's an
> open release blocker issue on 2.6 with either a changeset or diff so that I
> can do the cross-port.

I still think this is asking too much. You can replay all changes to hg
by looking at the hg log, and applying them change-for-change.

For verification, it might be sufficient to just look at the NEWS
entries. Every change to that branch must have a NEWS entry (which
is not a new requirement), so after synching, NEWS should be identical
in svn and hg.

Regards,
Martin