[python-committers] PEPs repo converted

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Mar 25 06:58:02 CET 2011

Am 25.03.2011 04:47, schrieb Jesus Cea:
> On 24/03/11 22:29, Georg Brandl wrote:
>>> These requirements (activate the keyword extension, and set it to
>>> "**.txt" files) should be documented somewhere... :).
>
>> Well, I don't think it's required for anyone other than python.org.
>> Those who edit the PEPs just need to keep the $Revision$ and $Date$
>> intact.
>
> So, must I disable the extension KW again?. I am confused.

No. You may enable the extension, or you may disable it, just as you
like. It makes no difference.

> Maybe editors simply must keep "$Revision$" and "$Date$", since those
> keywords are expanded in the server, for showing in docs.python.org?.

Editors may add the keywords, or they may remove them, just as they
like. It does make a difference and is the choice of the editor.
In any case, the PEPs don't show up in docs.python.org (AFAIK), but
in http://www.python.org/dev/peps/.

Regards,
Martin